And, if you are frequenters of this blog, you will also know that my dear Mackenzee is OBSESSED to say the least, over Dora the Explorer. Especially over Boots the Monkey. She even makes the "oooo oooo ahhh ahhh" sound like he makes on the show. Well, just recently, Mackenzee had the opportunity of having Dora save even her. Let me explain....
Now, if we had a map, I'd tell you that the map would start singing
Anderson's, potty, big glass of water!
Sing it with me now! I'm just kidding. I won't force that trauma on you. Back to the story....As you have read, Jaysen was gone last weekend on his golf getaway. Our friends, Zach and Holly, took pity on me and invited me and the kids to their house Friday night for homemade lasagna. Yum! I had planned on cooking chicken nuggets for the kids so I was thrilled! As you have also read, Kenzee is potty training and has been doing smashingly well. I figured we could try a test run on going out without putting on a pull up for protection while we went over for dinner. She NEVER goes in the pull ups anyway. Why not give it a go right?
She was doing so well. She ran upstairs to let me know she had to go and we ran into the potty and made it! Whew! So excited! I explain to Holly that I was giving her a trial on not having to wear the pull up and she was doing so well. She is excited for me. All mommies are excited when less diapers are involved. :0) Not five minutes later, Kenzee runs back up the stairs screaming, "potty mommy potty!" We run in again, but she doesn't make it. She pees her pants. Sigh. Pathetically I sit there thinking, well at least she didn't get any on their floor. Yeah....so I strip her pants and panties off and tell her to hold tight and I would go grab a diaper from the car. Kenzee freaks out. She doesn't want me to leave her in the bathroom. She's half naked, she's not going outside in cold weather like that! Thankfully, Holly saved me and offered a Dora pull up. I gratefully took it from her.
Kenzee is now happily running through the house in just her shirt and a pull up. We all sit down at the table to eat at this point. Can I just tell you how yummy the lasagna was? My girl loves to bake with some garlic! Just the way I like it! She even made homemade breadsticks! I was spoiled rotten. Landon was in heaven because he loves lasagna too. Kenzee....she ate some grapes. Sigh. And, because we were ALL spoiled, Holly gave Kenzee a glass of water with ICE! Now, I need you to picture this. We are all sitting around the table eating our yummy meal. Kenzee refuses to eat any of the green beans I put on her plate and I refuse to give her more grapes until she has eaten at least ONE green bean. Yes, we are fighting over this at someone else's dinner table. I'm grateful that Holly loves me. I'm sure she was laughing inwardly at this battle of wills. My daughter is a quick one though, and I swear she just lunged across the table to try to get to the grapes.... and she knocked over her glass of ice water in the process. There is water all over the table, her chair, the floor, AND her shirt. Holly and I clean up the water mess, Kenzee wins the rest of the grapes, and now she is practically naked. No shirt {because it's wet and she refuses to wear it now}, and no pants because she peed on them. At this point, I'm just SOOO frustrated. I resolve to never take her anywhere again. She's like a wild animal!
Holly, once again, took pity on me and offered some of her daughters' clothes that she had grown out of. Once again, I am indebted to her. She leaves to go get them as I give my daughter the "mean mom" look. It worked so well on Landon....Kenzee doesn't really care. Have I mentioned the word frustration? Holly reappears with a pair of pants and....a PINK DORA SHIRT! Because my daughter needed to be rewarded for her behavior! :0) {I'm just kidding Holly. We love you!} Kenzee is now thrilled! She immediately assumes it is hers. I don't argue, because I'm just DONE at this point and...Dora has SAVED my daughter from her nakedness. It's not worth it.
Holly has just given the shirt to Mackenzee at this point. Mackenzee has a very satisfied look to her when I tell her she can keep it. 
Thanks for saving us Dora...I mean Holly. :0)




7 comments:
You've had a couple of Mondays, too??
Dora. Don't even get me STARTED! It wouldn't be so terrible if they didn't YELL ALL THE TIME ABOUT EVERYTHING. AND IF THEY DIDN'T REPEAT EVERYTHING REPEAT EVERYTHING REPEAT EVERYTHING REPEAT EVERYTHING WHILE THEY ARE YELLING!
I try to avoid that show. Easy because Little Monster is a boy, but yeah. I feel for you and the whole Dora obssession. Hope it's over soon.. and at least it isn't belly shirts and NKOTB (remember them?)
That Holly is a keeper! Lasagna and Dora pullups among other wonderful things!!!!!!!! *Phew*!
Sounds like a fun night. Of coarse it all happens when Jaysen isn't there, right? Does she want you to buy more Dora pull-ups, now? Holly sounds like supermom! She has everything needed to just make it all better. Gotta love the terrible twos.
Wow Ashlee! Way to make me look good! Thanks!
Ashlee I love the way you tell a story it is like I was there Love that I can so see it now Rhett used to be that same way but with Toy Story Buzz this and Buzz that..
How can you not love Holly!!
Holly you need no help looking good you are a Fierce Mom and so fun...
Yeah for Holly, you win the prize!
ha ha! - no wonder you have such strong anti-Dora feelings!
Post a Comment