Is that what they say? I have no idea for sure. I was never a boy scout, but I'm sure you already figured that out.
Let me first start out by saying that I had NO idea how much it would cost to get my kid outfitted for scouting. And I didn't even buy those funny shorts! I walked into the Scouting Office yesterday with Mackenzee in tow and was so lost looking at the different colored shirts and books and badges and numbers....holy cow. I decided it was better if I just waited patiently for the lady behind the counter to finish helping her other customer and then ask for guidance.
"Can I help you?" Oh yeah...she could help. I explained to her what I thought I needed and she walked around and just kept adding things to my list. I remember reading that I needed a shirt and a scout book. Well, I obviously didn't take into consideration the kerchief and kerchief tie, or the 4 patches that I needed, oh! and don't forget the black thing you hang from your pocket to sew your earned patches on. Umm...ok. So, I guess ring me up then. $50 people!!! Are you kidding me? Sigh. But look how cute he is...

And he was so excited for his first pack meeting. All of his friends were there and they made Chinese Dragon Masks and talked about the Chinese New Year. He wouldn't eat the dumplings though. Go figure. My kid eat something "different"? Not on your life!

I love this picture. Do you see that look on Mackenzee's face? She had some serious shirt envy going on. Now, her shirt is new as well. I got it for a mere $.60 at Target. {love that place} So, it wasn't like she was truly "hurting". But his shirt was just way cooler. He gets to have patches. {though they are not sewn on yet. Still need to get to that part.}
Anyway...Landon is an official Wolf now. He wants to earn ALL of the badges...so get ready Den Leaders! :0)




4 comments:
I feel your pain. Cub scouts is expensive. Just wait till you get called to be a den leader...then you get to outfit yourself as well!
He does look so handsome, though. And I love that look on Mackenzee's face.
So fun, Cole can not wait to be in scouting with all of his buddies. I have heard that you can get some of the stuff at DI is that true?? I think our ward does a exchange thing where the older kids donate the small shirts to other kids. I am hoping that is true or Wowza I am in big trouble $50.00 yikes!!
Landon I can't wait to be a scout. I miss you. Austin.
Landon, you look so handsome in a uniform! I love it and you!
Post a Comment