

Her first dance was a tap dance to "On The Good Ship Lollipop".
The other number was a ballet dance to a cute Sesame Street song "One Fine Face". This was her favorite dance overall and she would go through the steps at home nonstop.
Sadly, her teacher Miss Cassia won't be teaching at the dance studio any more as she has moved to Pocatello with her family. I met Cassia just after Mackenzee was born and she has been such a great dance teacher for Mackenzee. After she starting taking her dance classes all I heard about was her friend, Miss Cassia. They all said goodbye to her at the end of the recital and it was a sad moment. I know that Cassia has taught at Julie's Jazzworks for 8 or 9 years now. She will definitely be missed.
After the show Jaysen and I were talking to Mackenzee about how well she performed and how we thought she was so big for being able to get up in front of all of those people to dance. She looked at me and said, "But mom, I was the best dancer huh." {She doesn't have a high opinion of herself or anything does she?} Trying to deflate her a bit I told her that everyone in her class danced good. Of course, I was overruled by an overly proud daddy who told Mackenzee that everyone might have been good but she really was the best dancer. Mackenzee liked his answer better.
We've got a two week break here before her summer classes start. She's disappointed that she has to take a break, but I am relieved as we needed to squeeze in some swimming lessons for her this summer too.
We really are proud of you Mackenzee. You did a great job and were adorable up on the stage. I'm so glad you have found something you truly enjoy. Keep it shakin'!




5 comments:
Mackenzee, you look adorable. I can't wait to see you in just a few short weeks. I hope you will show us your dance when we get there!
She's adorable and of course she was the best dancer there!!:)
Oh my heck she is so freekin cute I want to see video I know you have some!! :)
She is so cute!!!! She looks like she loves dancing!! Cute hair !!
Awww, she is so cute! Her hair looks great and I love her dance outfit. :)
Post a Comment