We were allowed in the NICU to see our new nephew, Jeremy, on Thursday. I was thrilled! Firstly, for the obvious reason....if they were letting people in, that must mean that he is doing better. And then second, so that I could finally see him. Besides being a mommy, being an aunt is my favorite "job". My neices and nephews are like extended children for me. Which means I've got a lot of kids. :0) It also means that my heart is full. :0)
Anyway, to be able to physically see him already was a surprise to me. My BIL, Steve, was there and gave me the "clean up" instructions of washing and putting on the yellow hospital gown before I could go back to Jeremy's special room.
It had snowed on Thursday, and though it had warmed up enough to melt the snow outside, it was still very cold. Which meant, I had super cold hands. I didn't dare touch him because of it. No need to shock the wee one. He's got enough to deal with right now. They did allow me to take this picture of him, though. 

He has been taken off of the really big, fancy machine and put on the "normal" fancy machine {this is how Steve described it to me}, which means he is doing better. He's still got a lot of work ahead of him, and they fear he may have a touch of pneumonia, but baby steps is all takes. Right?
He is a beautiful baby. Tubes and all. Perfect porcelain skin and those cute baby fists.




10 comments:
Oh, so sweet and tiny! :)
I got a chuckle out of you saying, "no need to shock the wee one"...I know it must have been a sacrifice not to be able to touch him.
So sweet and precious.
Thank goodness he can have visitors. That is great.
Thanks for taking the picture. Steve tried to send me one on my phone, but it wouldn't download. I heard they were finally able to hold him last night!!!!!
I can't imagine what they are going through! Best of luck with baby!
So flippin cute I bet everyone can not wait to hold him.
I came to you through travelinOmar's blog and I just love your music...the first one is some music used in Reflections of Christ. http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.jsp
A photo display at the Mesa visitors center..so beautiful.
Come visit me sometime.
B.
What a sweet baby! I've had to leave the hospital without my baby before. It's not easy. I sure hope they can get him home soon!
BTW, thanks for checking up on me. I am doing good. Baby's good. Kids and Hubby are good. I was bummed to miss girls night. Hopefully I'll be back next month!!
What a cute picture. These little guys are quite the fighters. He'll be off of those machines before too long. I have a few good friends that still work in that NICU. They will take great care of him! Hope all goes well with him
Great news that he's doing better.
That picture brought back some bad memories. Hope the fam's doing okay.
Glad he is doing better. Youare right it is all baby steps to getting bigger and stronger.
I had a nephew in the NICU when he was born spent about a month there -- he is now a very big and very healthy 13 year old!!
Post a Comment