Sunday, May 28, 2006

So, we got my brother moved in. Now the unpacking begins for them. I do not envy that. We just did it 18 months ago.......they have a beautiful home though....I envy the space. So much storage!!!! I have an entryway closet for coats, and that's it beyond the bedroom closets.....no extra closet storage. Not even a linen closet. Argh!!!!! It makes life frustrating because I have a serious control problem. I've gotten better than I used to be....I no longer alphabetize my movie selection....but I do color code my clothes in my closet....and my collection of childrens books...stuff like that. So, to not have a place for everything and have it be all organized drives me crazy. I've had to let go on some things. Otherwise I would go crazy. But, I would love the space my brother has. There are shelves and cupboards and closets galore.

You know......I'm going to go off on a tangent here. People are so stinking rude these days. I just don't get it. What happened to people's ability to smile and just be pleasant? Are their lives that horrible???? It's just in my nature to smile at people as they walk by. Occasionally I give a quick, "hi"....and it's a rare occasion that you get a smile back. And beyond that.....It's almost like people think that they are owed something out of life. Honestly, people.....you are owed absolutely nothing. You have to work to get what you want and respect comes through others seeing that hard work and determination. If you think that you are worth something....prove it. If you think that you should have something...work for it. Holy cow! Even those that have things....half of them don't appreciate those that made it possible for them to have what they've got. Sigh...I told you it was a tangent.

Anyway.....tomorrow is Memorial Day. Jaysen is going golfing and I.....don't know what I'm doing. Guess we'll find out.

No comments: